What do you want to become when you grow up?



It was summer holidays; my parents had decided to make me join the Art class. Sharing an interest on the field, my enthusiasm was at the peak. The in-comprehensive water painting and clay piece had created zeal of learning in me.  Imitating the seniors’ work of art seemed the right way to move towards a successful artistic future. This was the moment when the answer to question that all poking relatives would ask about my life was, ‘I want to become an Artist when I grow up’.

The chain of Dream had just begun; I had come to a stage where there existed only one practical occupation in the world. Having to visit to Doctor every next month and getting inspired by their dedication, the occupation came to become as the ultimate goal.

Being a teenager it didn't take me time to change my mind frequently. The fad of reading books had become the medicine for survival. Pulling away my thoughts far away from the climax of my life, books became my best friend. Every book seemed to capture different lives of different characters and soon I created an interest to create characters of my own. Ever since then I have wanted to become a Writer.

This never ending chain of getting influenced has always made me change the answer of the question, ‘What do you what to become after you grow up?’ And thus has resulted in refreshing the memory of fluctuating probable future occupations.

All of us as children go through such situation. We are often asked to think about our future. We are asked to act according to our future goal. We are put in the pressure to predict the future which has no control.


In such an ironical world, I would like to ask all my friends why we can’t just start thinking about creating the present, why can’t we ask ourselves of what’s next in our life, why can’t we explore our potentials at this point. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just a coffee!

For starting of a new journey.

Stream Of Thoughts (Part 1)