My Encounter with Tiger
I am a little girl
living in a crowded town. In the northern end of the town lies a dense forest. The
forest invites me every evening with its comforting bed of leaves. The
fragrance in the air pulls me as escape from the rush of the day gone by.
Walking through the wild grasses towering trees reflects its abundance. Blending
in the exotic canvas, breaking the silence birds sing lullaby. The streaming
sun embraces the forest with gold. Forest beckons me in its pulsing heart.
Like every other evening
reaching to the wilderness, today I could hear the scampering animal behind the
bush. The feel of whose breathe reflected of strength. His shadow covered my
legs and pushed me back to the artificial world. We have come across each other
many times. Eyes have met, yet we remain as acquaintance.
I have not been
disconnected due to his fearful eyes. Neither because of his padded strong
claws which leaves me spell bound nor because of his love for blood and flesh
which makes me numb. But I have been driven away from him feeling his tenacious
nature. I have been doubting my ability seeing his courage that lets him raise his
face high. Today he called me with a ‘Grrrr’ lending a hand of friendship. But my
fear dubbed it as his defensive call. Giving myself an excuse of it being an
invitation to death, I didn’t give him a chance. I was not kind to him.
Years have passed, I
still go to the forest. It remains a mystery whether the fear inside me wants
to face the reality and leave, or whether the mystery of the forest is what
pulls me there. Trying to stop my anxiety to know the reason, I have constructed
it to be nothing but a routine. Stuck in the ladder of growth I have formed a
closed defined path from home to forest and forest to home. I have destined
myself with boundaries. I have learned to live my life with fear.
But, it was different
today. I dared and went for ‘Tiger Hunt’. I went to search him all around
the forest. I shouted his name with dedication. Though deep inside I had a fear
of losing the most important character of my life, I continued my search. He
was nowhere to be found. The shrubs were silent with no movement. The aroma of
forest had an unusual smoothness.
Then suddenly in the
rush of destroying my fear, I found a red ribbon lying on the grass. Looking at
it, an image of an accident that took place when I was young, came to my
thoughts. It was blur but I could see black stripes on golden body. Coming to
my real state, I started processing my thoughts. Maybe it was just a rare species
of a squirrel which was cute but fast enough to leave me with a sprain on my
leg. Maybe it was a bee, which left me with red mark on my hand with his sting.
Maybe it was a beautiful flower which died leaving me with tears, blaming
myself of not taking an extra care.
The fear I had learnt to live with now seems to take a different shape. In my new world of realizations, now I am kind to my memories. I am kind to myself. I am kind to the tiger. I am a ‘Tiger Hunter’.
The fear I had learnt to live with now seems to take a different shape. In my new world of realizations, now I am kind to my memories. I am kind to myself. I am kind to the tiger. I am a ‘Tiger Hunter’.
Comments
Post a Comment